Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Old Favorites

This Erev Shabbat I've planned a menu of old favorite recipes instead of digging through new ones.  Not sure what led me to plan this Sabbath's meal this way but I know that each week an inspiration will hit me and I'll go with it.  My sons and their wives will be joining us and banana pudding is their all time favorite dessert.  It's one of those desserts that no matter how big a pan I make, there will be no leftovers. 

For the main meal I've planned Chicken Stew with Lemon and Rosemary over Poppy Egg Noodles and Romaine Salad with Croutons and homemade ranch dressing.  My 14 month old grandson loves tomatoes and ranch dressing so this salad was created with him in mind.  I'm really looking forward to preparing this meal for my family and watching them devour it with pleasure.  There is no better way to see the Sabbath in than this.

I found a recipe from Pioneer Woman for a Cinnamon Toast flavored French Toast casserole that can be made ahead which I think will be perfect for a Sabbath morning's breakfast and carry on my theme of comforting and familiar.  It takes 8 eggs so I hope my chickens are good to me this week.  My Buff Cochen hatched 4 baby chicks and for some reason the other chickens slowed down their egg production around the same time.  I'll have to hoard them this week to be sure I have enough eggs for the week-end.

Have a great time preparing your family's Erev Shabbat meal this week and enjoy the weekly holiday G-d has provided for you.

Shabbat Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment