Monday, July 12, 2010

Search me O G-d and know my heart;
Try me and know my anxious thoughts;
And see if there be any hurtful way in me,
And lead me in the everlasting way.  Psalm 139:23-24

This short prayer is the conclusion to David's Psalm that describes how intimately acquainted with us our G-d is.  I take so much comfort in these words and in the knowledge they impart.  It reassures me that my L-rd understands me - that verse coupled with the verse in Jeremiah 29:11 about G-d's plans for me being for my welfare give me cause to trust Him when ever I am afraid.  Proverbs 16:9 says that man plans his ways BUT G-d directs his steps - therefore, if I am trusting in Adonai, I can be assured that He is directing me and He will lead me on a level path.  I may make mistakes on this path but G-d gently guides me back on a level ground. 

It is so important to keep that searchlight moving within our hearts so we can hear G-d's gentle guidance and rebukes.  He disciplines for the purpose of refining us to "lead us in the everlasting way." 

I'm so grateful for G-d's method of restoration and I'm so blessed to know that He is always only a prayer away.

No comments:

Post a Comment