Tuesday, February 15, 2011

G-d's Love

“This is love: NOT that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.” - 1 John 4:10


1 Corinthians 13

1 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.


13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
======================================================================
L-rd, I come to You, let my heart be changed, renewed,
Flowing from the grace, that I found in You
L-rd, I've come to know, the weaknesses I see in me,
Will be stripped away, by the power of Your love.


Hold me close, let your love surround me
Bring me near, draw me to your side
And as I wait, I'll rise up like the eatle
And I will soar with You, Your Spirit leads me on

In the power of your love.

L-rd unveil my eyes, let me see You face to face
The knowledge of Your love, as You live in me
L-rd renew my mind, as Your will unfolds in my life
In living every day, in the power of Your Love.


Phil 4:8Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

No comments:

Post a Comment