Friday, July 15, 2011

Strength for Each Day

I was listening to the radio while I had my lunch and the lady DJ read from a devotional by Sarah Young, Jesus Calling.  She read that we need to discipline ourselves to live within the boundaries of today.  That really spoke to me because I frequently find myself waiting for the next moment, the next event, the next activity or the next day perhaps.  The problem I've found with thinking this way is that I miss some of the details in the moment that might be important to remember.  I frequently wonder if this is why I have forgotten so many of the little moments of my children's young lives.  I remember lots of things that happened while my children were young of course but there are lots of them that I've forgotten.

I can blame it on being busy or having a lot of them young at one time but if I would just have paid attention to seemingly unimportant moments perhaps my memory repertoire would be larger and more significant.

I cannot reclaim forgotten past experiences but I can purpose in my heart to try and enjoy and live for the moment I am in.  And Yeshua can help me do that.  Psalm 62:8 says this:  Trust in Him at ALL times, O people; pour out your heart before Him; G-d is a refuge for us.  Selah

G-d has made me strong for all of my days, even the busiest and most stressful.  Proverbs 31:17 -> She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.

The source of this strength is rooted in faith and in her dependence on her L-rd for the end of Proverbs 31 says that this woman fears the L-rd and that all of her works will praise her in the gates.

So I will take a deep breath and focus my mind on these wonderful verses and reminders from my heavenly Creator who cares about all of my needs and is always there as a refuge for any moment I might call out to Him. 

Have a great Sabbath - all 24 hours of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment