Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Mansion Built by the Master Builder

This morning I was reading my daily devotion and something occurred to me in the reading that didn't have a lot to do with the point of the devotion but had a profound impact on me.

Yeshua was a carpenter by trade while He lived on this earth.  We also know that He was there when G-d created the heavens and the earth.  Obviously, Yeshua inherited His carpentry skills from the Master Builder and the two are one.

With that in mind, consider the words of Yeshua Himself as recorded by John 14:1-3  "Do not let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in G-d, trust also in Me.  In My Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with Me that you also may be where I am."

It must be a beautiful place and knowing the skills of the Master Builder as evidenced in creation around me, the work is first-rate.  I am sure it meets or rather exceeds the building codes of this earth.  We are all individuals with various likes and dislikes.  We all have different tastes and opinions of what is beautiful, what color is our favorite, what period or style we are drawn to.....  But scripture says that there are MANY rooms.  Yeshua knows us intimately and the Psalms state that we are engraved on the palm of His hand.  I imagine that my room is custom-built for me.  Yeshua knows me better than I know myself so I will be totally satisfied with "my" room built just for me by the Lover of my soul.  I seriously doubt I will grow weary with the color on the walls and I feel certain that the color will never fade and need re-painting.  He can do exceedingly more than I can ask or think.

So today if you are weary with this life and feel guilty for your dissatisfaction..... remember that the master builder has been commissioned by your Heavenly Father to construct a place just for you to dwell with Him in eternity in blissful happiness.  A place where moth can not destroy and where you will never grow bored or get lonely.  He understands you, your desires, your dissatisfactions and He is intimately acquainted with all your ways.  All the times you've fallen or made a fool of yourself did not diminish your worth in His eyes and His opinions are the ONLY ones that count. 

Trust Him with all your heart and do not let your heart be troubled by anything on this earth.  Put one foot in front of the other and keep on doing what is right according to the Torah preserved through all generations for you.  He has it all in control and heaven is not in a panic.

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment