Monday, June 7, 2010

Intimacy with G-d

I was reading Psalm 25 today and was so encouraged and uplifted.  Especially with verse 14.  It says that the L-rd confides in those who fear Him.  As I meditated on this verse I recalled times that I know G-d has spoken to me (confided in me). 

Romans 8:26-27 says this:  In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

So I know that is how G-d confides in me - through the Holy Spirit.  But - and this is important - if I am not spending time with G-d through prayer, fasting, and the reading of His Word, I may not hear His voice.  I need to be plugged in as it were.  My power source needs to be connected to me and alive.  My love for Hashem can grow cold but His love for me never grows cold.    If I should say, "my foot has slipped", Your lovingkindness O L-rd will hold me up.  Psalm 94:18  I can go to Him even when I've been disobedient or have failed in some way.  I have confidence because of His promises that He will uphold me by His lovingkindness and mercy. 

The first 18 verses of Lamentations 3 are heart rending; I can so identify with the author as he laments about how he has failed and how he has been tested.  I can empathize with those feelings of shame and humiliation.  BUT - beginning with verse 19, the lamenter talks about blessed hope - the hope of relief in G-d's mercy; without which all of us would be lost forever.

The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.   "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I have hope in Him."
So don't hesitate to approach your G-d through the covering of Yeshua through prayer.  He will not reject you and He is close to the brokenhearted Psalm 34:18.  Lam 3:31 says that "He will not reject forever."  Don't let pride and fear of man keep you from intimacy with your Creator.  Yeshua bridges the gap our sin has created and by His blood we all are saved if we but cry out to G-d in faith. 
James 5:15 talks about the prayer of faith restoring health to a sick person.  But the prayer of faith can also restore a sinner to a place of righteous living before G-d.  Psalm 51:12 says, "restore to me the joy of your salvation."  Restore means to take back to where you left off.  G-d can and will do this for all who cry out to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment