Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Was reading Psalm 33 this morning and while the entire Psalm is inspiring and beautiful, there was one particular thought that left an impression on me.  G-d's unfailing love, His unfathomable love, and His all encompassing love that never runs dry.  We earthly creatures do not have the capacity within our own flesh to love - our love comes from our Creator.  And His love has spanned generations, it has covered literally multitudes of transgressions, and has healed lands and peoples of spiritual disease - and there is still plenty of His love to go around.  None of us needs fear that we will ever run out of it.

This thought occurred to me a few days ago as I was thinking of the three grandbabies I'm expecting this summer.  I thought of the two grandchildren I currently have and how much I love them and wondered if I would be able to love the future grandchildren as much but in sharing this fear with some friends who are also grandmas with grandchildren and future grandchildren, they reassured me that G-d had plenty of love to go around.  They reminded me that G-d gave me plenty of love to pour out on my 5 children and that love still flows today.

Then I read Psalm 33 today and that theme of G-d's love spoke to me again.  Verse 16 and 17 warns that earthly armies no matter how big and powerful cannot save or deliver - it is ONLY G-d's unfailing love that can deliver from death and preserve us in famine.  All of us are dependant on G-d's unfailing love to save us - none of us are immune to the need for His love to pull us out of the pit.  This is why we rejoice and hope - because we know where that hope comes from - it comes from His Holy throne.  And He has lovingly preserved His Word through all generations so that all of us can share in the blessed hope it gives and we can encourage each other with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs.  Eph 5:19  Isn't His love amazing that even in a sin-darkened world, His love and hope shines in our hearts and enables us to make melodies of joy instead of moans of discouragement? 

People discuss the human spirit as if it has a mind and power all its own but that spirit does not live apart from G-d.  Rev 4:11 says that our Elohim created all things and all creatures have their being in Him.  That is how we live - His very lifebreath flows within us.  Genesis 2:7  So celebrate your being with Him today, tomorrow, and forevermore. 

Psalm 73:25 - Whom have I in heaven but thee?  and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment