Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cheese Ball Mystery

I first tasted this cheese ball several years ago and commited the recipe to memory. I never had a written recipe so I'm not even sure if I'm still making it the original way. However, it never fails to get rave reviews even when I don't think it came out as good. Everyone wants to know what's in it because the flavors all mesh in a way that it is hard to tell. The first time I tried it I could have sworn it had tuna fish in it. It did not even have fish. So play around with it - omit this, add that, and see what you come up with.

Ingredients:
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, well-drained1 small onion, minced
1 small green pepper, minced
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 to 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
pinch cayenne pepper
light sprinkling of garlic powder
1/2 cup chopped walnuts


Combine all ingredients except nuts and form into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and chill a few hours. Gently roll or coat ball with chopped nuts and serve with crackers.
Note: You can also mix some nuts in with the cheese ball mixture and coat with additional nuts, if desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment