Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Crockpot French Toast

I am always looking for breakfast ideas for Sabbath mornings.  Bagels are delicious for breakfast but sometimes I'd like to serve something hot on Sabbath mornings and especially on cold Sabbath mornings.  I just found a recipe I will try this Sabbath and it sounds great.  It is a French Toast made in the crockpot with leftover Challah.  Since I am serving corn bread with my dinner this Erev Shabbat, there will be most of a loaf of Challah leftover after we do the Ha Motzi so this works out perfect this weekend.  I found the recipe at BHG and have included it on the Recipes page.

The recipe lists a product I've never used before but look forward to trying.  It is called "Plastic Slow Cooker Liners" and Reynolds makes them.  You place the liner in the slow cooker and the food cooks inside the liner.  Afterwards you can just toss it in the trash and you have a clean slow cooker.  Perfect idea to use these on Sabbath and have one less pot to clean afterwards.  I cooked oatmeal in my slow cooker one evening and it was delicious but it was so difficult to clean afterwards.  I wish I would have known about these liners then.

No comments:

Post a Comment