I recently saw a Betty Crocker salad idea that I wanted to try but first I made a few changes that were more in line with the way we like to eat and the way I like to cook.
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice (w/zest)
1 TB honey
1/2 tsp Harvest Ground mustard
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 TB crushed garlic
1 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken breast, 1 inch cubes
2 TB olive oil
4 large shallots, sliced
4 cups sliced mushrooms
3 TB sundried tomatoes in oil
6 cups fresh baby spinach
1. Mix dressing ingredients and whisk. Set aside.
2. Toast pine nuts until toasty and aromatic. Be careful not to burn as this happens quickly.
3. Mix Panko and garlic. Toss chicken evenly and fry in hot oil until no longer pink. Set aside.
4. Heat 1 TB oil and fry shallots and mushrooms about 7 or 8 minutes. Add sundried tomatoes.
5. Remove from heat and stir in chicken. Serve over spinach. Sprinkle pine nuts and serve with dressing.