Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Recent Projects

I've been crocheting a lot lately.  Here are some of my most recent projects.  First is my new lunch bag.  I love this thing.  The design is simple yet effective and functional.  It is made of two identicial pieces crocheted with thick, luscious cotton.  And is washable!  The pattern can be found in the August 2010 Crochet World magazine.

I used 12 oz of Bernat Handicrafter cotton and about a 3 oz ball of Lily Crochet Cotton to finish it off.  And of course I used my favorite color combination:  Blue & Yellow!










Next up is my new summer purse.  The pattern is called "Puff Stitch Crowns Bag" and is available through e-patternscentral for $2.50 and is downloadable.  The coolest way to purchase patterns.  The top of the bag uses 48 lb. hemp and the bottom of the bag uses Lily crochet cotton in natural.  The lining of the purse was a little difficult I thought because of the pattern instructions.  After almost ruining my gorgeous quilt-store fabric, I ditched the pattern and figured it out for myself.  Next time I would double the lining fabric and attach them wrong sides together so I had the right side of the fabric showing through the bag and inside the bag.

1 comment: