Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tunisian Crochet

I have been crocheting for over 25 years now and just within the last few months I have been really getting into Tunisian crochet.  I love the knit fabric it makes and I have been determined to create some baby garments that can rival their knit counterparts.

The problem is that there are not that many patterns or books available.  I have been getting frustrated buying books that have MAYBE one pattern I can use and usually are not really what I had in mind.

So the next step I guess is to start creating my own patterns.  I played around with a few different attempts and ideas and have now settled down with a fairly simple crocheted sweater.  The pattern has a knit version done in a garter stitch that I am trying to imitate with a Tunisian Purl stitch.  I have found that a detailed diagram of the garment with measurements is necessary so that the pieces of or the garment itself will be shaped and sized correctly. 

I will post pictures Friday and explain my progression in more detail.

1 comment:

  1. I too am jewish and love to create things with fiber. I like reading about what you make and like of others. I'd love to talk with you further. Shana.

    ReplyDelete