Monday, September 10, 2012

Little Blocks Sweater

There is a pattern at the LionBrand.com website that I just love.  It is a baby layette in a crochet pattern called "Little Boxes."  I downloaded the pattern and worked on it with various yarns and could not get the crocheted fabric to look like the picture.  Evidently, I was not the only one according to the comments/reviews with the pattern.  There were a couple of comments I thought would help and that led me to realize that even though the stitch was very easy, it was important to insert the hook in just the right place for the little boxes to form as you crocheted.  Once I applied this technique, the pattern started developing.

I found a really soft and light baby cotton at Yarnworks in Gainesville called Cotton Candy in a soft yellow/neutral color.  Exactly what I had in mind.  I spent as much time searching for the perfect buttons as I did crocheting the sweater.  The little lamb buttons on the sweater really add to the sweetness of this sweater (in my opinion).  Can't wait for the new baby to get here at the end of this month so "he?" can wear it.  I've included a couple of pictures of the sweater.  And I've also included the link for the pattern:
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90073AD.html



No comments:

Post a Comment