Monday, March 21, 2011

G-d is Faithful

I started to share my woes with someone yesterday.  I was hesitant to do so because I am not intimately acquainted with her.  She had commented on how blessed and happy I must be because of all my new grandbabies.  The thought going through my mind in trying to formulate a response was, "Yes but there is this other thing in my life that is dragging me down.  It causes me to feel bittersweet instead of full of joy."

That is what prompted me to try and share with her my woes....I wanted to share my pain and I guess find relief for a little while.  Or maybe to find some nugget that would make my hope spring up new.

Because I did not know her well and she did not know me well, my explanation was very brief and did not include any detail whatsoever.  Yet her response was exactly what I needed to hear.  It was the word G-d had been speaking to me but I needed to hear it from someone else's lips....she said, "G-d is faithful!"  Immediately my mind was flooded with all the verses G-d had been reminding me of.  This simple statement silenced the tormenters of my mind.  I had an inner peace while the storm raged around me.  The storm is still raging...my peace is there though. 

This morning I was working on a Beth Moore study about the Tabernacle.  The section I was on this morning included scriptures from Gen 15 and 22 (the covenant G-d made with Abram and the offering of Isaac).  Here are a few important points I gleaned from my study:
  • During the giving of the covenant, Abram was sleeping.  The covenant does not depend on us - it depends on G-d alone.
  • G-d Himself provided a ram - caught in the thicket by its horns - Yeshua is our Horn of Salvation. 
But G-d did require a test of Abram/Abraham....G-d required Abrahams trust.  And just as Abraham trusted G-d....Isaac trusted his father, Abraham.  This kind of trust requires total abandonment from everything that seems right.  To just simply fall back without fear or worry of being hurt or killed.  We can only do that if we totally TRUST in the one we are relying on.  Isaac knew his father loved him and he trusted that love so much that he totally put his life into his father's hands. 
Psalm 119:30  I have chosen the faithful way; I have placed Your ordinances before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment