Monday, December 5, 2011

His Witnesses

This morning I've been pensive about the witness I portray to the world.  Or more specifically, "my" world.  My specific sphere of influence.  I am chastened to the core when I recall certain events where I did not display G-dly character or missed an opportunity to bring glory to the L-rd.  I can't undo those things or re-live those times and correct my mistakes.  I can only confess and pray for G-d's grace to cover those times and help me change.


Psalm 69:6 NASB - May those who wait for You not be ashamed through me, O L-rd G-d of Hosts; may those who seek You not be dishonored through me O G-d of Israel.

It appears from this verse that King David prayed the same prayer.  The words in this Psalm echo the cry of my heart and I'm so grateful once again for G-d's Word preserved through time.  I am so amazed at how alive G-d's Word really is.  As recorded in Deut 30:14 - His Word is nigh thee, in my mouth and in my heart that I may observe it. 

The L-rd desires truth in the innermost part of our being.  Psalm 51:6  One way we can have this truth is to spend time in the Word so that it soaks into us.  Even if you do not purposely set out to memorize portions of scripture, G-d's Word will get down into your spirit as you read it, drink from it, be nourished from it and allow it to answer the cries of your heart.  He will answer your cries by bringing portions of His Word to your remembrance.

Jeremiah 31:33 - The L-rd says that He will put His law within us and will write it upon our hearts. 

Allow Him to do that today.  I encourage you to get into His Word daily - even if it is just a few verses every morning.

There are times I just don't know what to read or where to find an answer.  One way I have found to combat this is to read the Psalms and Proverbs and this is how I do it.

If today is Kislev 9 I would read, Psalm 9, Psalm 39, Psalm 69, Psalm 99, and Psalm 129.  I would also read Proverbs 9.....

Get the picture?  And sometimes I commit to reading Psalm 119 all by itself because there is so much meat there.

No comments:

Post a Comment