Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Perseverance

Sometimes life seems like it is all up hill..... The constant climbing becomes tiresome and seems like it will never end.  This thought has been on my mind for the last week or so.  I've been meditating on the difficulties of life and trying to summon up the strength to go on and realized that I just have to "keep on keeping on" to get where I am going. Shaul (Paul) said to run the race in such a way that you may win (1 Cor 9:24).  And I love the encouragement to do that very thing and to know where our help comes from:

Psalm 121:1-2 I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; from where shall my help come?  My help comes from the L-rd, who made heaven and earth.

I've read this verse so many times but never has it spoken to me the way it has this morning.  Life many times is like climbing and climbing - but as we climb let us also look up to the top of the mountain (hill) because there comes our help. 

And the L-rd is well acquainted with our struggles and trials.  He did not create the world and all that is in it in one day..... but He kept at it for 6 days before He rested.  And He has set up His moadim for us to do the same thing.  We climb for 6 days through the trials of life and then have a blessed rest on the seventh day to sit in His lap and contemplate His goodness. 

Reflect on this devotional I received if you are feeling like you can't keep climbing: 

This is no time to get stuck in circumstances that seem to be overwhelming.  When something seems to be beyond your ability to deal with, trust Me for the help that you need, says the Lord.  I will give you direction, wisdom and strength in all things. 

Romans 5:1-5  - Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with G-d through our L-rd Yeshua Messiah, through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of G-d.  And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character, and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of G-d has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. 

Praise Hashem with a grateful heart - and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment